Fixing Mi Phone Not Charging Issue: Step-by-Step Guide
Nothing can be more frustrating than a phone not charging. If you are facing this issue with your Xiaomi phone, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this post, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to fix the Xiaomi Not Charging Issue. We will look at all the possible causes of this problem and provide you with simple solutions that you can try at home.
From checking your charging cable and adapter to cleaning the charging port of your phone, we have got it all covered. We will also discuss how to charge your phone wirelessly and what to do if the issue persists even after following these steps. So, let’s dive in and get your Xiaomi phone back up and running again!
What Causes Xiaomi Not to Turn On or Charge?
- Dead Battery: If your battery is completely empty, your phone won’t start. Try plugging in your phone to charge and see if it works. If not, you might need a new battery.
- Loose Connection: Make sure your phone’s charging hole is clean and has no dirt. Also, check if the charging cable is firmly connected to your phone and the plug. Sometimes, if it’s not connected well, your phone might not charge.
- Power Adapter Problems: If you’re using a charger that didn’t come with your phone, it might not work right. Try using the charger that came with your phone to see if that helps.
- Broken Stuff: Sometimes, if the part where you plug in the charger is broken, your phone won’t charge. If you think this might be the issue, it’s a good idea to ask someone who knows about phones to check and fix it.
How to Fix Xiaomi Not Charging or Turning On?
Check the Battery and Charger
First, make sure to check both your battery and charger. If your battery is completely drained, charge it for a few hours before attempting to turn on your Xiaomi device again. If the charger seems faulty, consider getting a new one.
If your battery isn’t completely empty but your Xiaomi still refuses to turn on or charge, follow these steps:
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to a power source using the cable that came with it.
- Wait a little while, then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the phone starts up.
- If it doesn’t turn on, try a different power outlet or an MI power bank.
- Once the phone is on, check if the battery icon is visible in the top right corner. If not, go to Settings > Battery and ensure that Battery Saver mode is off.
Restart your Phone
Another simple trick you can do is to restart your phone. This often helps with small problems and makes your phone work right again. If your MI phone suddenly goes off and won’t turn on or charge, a restart can help. It’s like giving your phone a little refresh. Here’s how you do it:
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds.
- When a menu appears on the screen, tap the “Restart” choice.
- Your phone will turn off and then turn back on, hopefully fixing the issue.
Clean the charging port of the Phone
To ensure your Mi phone charges properly, it’s important to clean the charging port regularly. Dirt, lint, or debris can accumulate in the port, obstructing the charging process. Use a toothbrush or compressed air to gently remove any particles from the port, avoiding sharp objects that could damage it.
Additionally, check for any visible damage or corrosion on the port. If cleaning doesn’t resolve the issue, try using a different charging cable or adapter. By keeping the charging port clean and free from obstructions, you can ensure smooth charging functionality for your Xiaomi smartphone.
Check for software updates
Making sure your MIUI software is up-to-date is really important. It keeps your phone safe and helps you use all the cool new stuff. But updating can be a hassle, right? Well, you can make it easier by letting your phone do it automatically. Here’s how:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on About phone.
- Choose System updates.
- Press the Check for Updates button.
Your phone will then see if there’s a new MIUI update. If there is, it will ask if you want to download and install it.
Remove the Battery and Reinsert It
Here’s an easy step-by-step guide to try a quick fix: removing and reinserting the battery. This can sometimes help your phone start working again by resetting its insides. Follow these steps:
- Look for a small notch at the bottom of your phone.
- Use something like a paperclip or toothpick to gently open the back cover using the notch.
- When the cover is off, you’ll see the battery inside.
- Carefully disconnect the battery from its connectors and take it out.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Put the battery back in its place and close the back cover.
- Hold down the power button to see if your phone comes on now.
Charge it while turned off
To resolve charging issues with your Xiaomi phone, try charging it while turned off. This allows the phone to focus solely on the charging process without any background processes running. Using the original charger and cable that came with the phone is highly recommended.
Additionally, check for any physical damage to the charging port or cable that may be preventing charging. If the issue persists, you can try performing a hard reset by holding down the power button and the volume-up button simultaneously. This can help reset any software problems that might be causing the charging issue.
Perform a Factory Reset on Your Device
If your Xiaomi device is still not turning on or charging, you can solve the issue by doing a factory reset. This method will bring your device back to how it was when you first got it. This can help if there’s a software problem causing the issues. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings.
- Find “Backup & Reset.”
- Choose “Factory Reset” and say yes to confirm.
Xiaomi Repair Center
If you’re facing charging issues with your Xiaomi phone, the Xiaomi Repair Center can provide professional diagnosis and repair solutions. Common problems like faulty charging ports or cables are often the culprits behind these issues. Rest assured, Xiaomi repair centers use genuine replacement parts to ensure the highest quality repairs.
Software-related charging problems can also be resolved through a factory reset or software update. Regular cleaning of the charging port can help prevent dirt and debris from hindering charging functionality. Trust the expertise of the Xiaomi Repair Center for quick fixes and reliable solutions to common charging problems.
What if the issue persists even after following the steps?
your Xiaomi device still doesn’t turn on or charge after following the initial troubleshooting steps, I recommend reaching out to Xiaomi’s customer support or visiting an authorized service center for specialized assistance. They can diagnose and address the underlying issue, offer warranty coverage if applicable, or guide you through more advanced solutions if needed.
If the issue persists even after following the steps mentioned above, it is recommended to visit a Xiaomi Repair Center for further assistance. They have the expertise and resources to diagnose and fix any hardware or software issues that may be causing your Xiaomi phone not to turn on or charge.
Remember to back up your important data before visiting the repair center to avoid any data loss. It’s always better to seek professional help rather than trying to fix the issue yourself, especially if you are not familiar with the technical aspects of your device. Reach out to the Xiaomi Repair Center and let their experts take care of your phone.